Monday, October 31, 2016

Fall will be a little late this year....


Monday, October 31, 2016

A while back I wrote a blog  thinking Fall was approaching. How wrong could I be?

Now almost 2 months later, we are still having very high temperatures in the high 85 degrees range and there are no signs of the trees changing color. The trees are looking rather dried up but then  we have had very little rain.
The flowers are still bright and beautiful and I cheer the zinnias that have been blooming since June delighting everyone with their lovely colors.



The autumn flowers are also very good; the Mexican petunias and the fall asters , known by me as Micklemus Daisies. are attracting many pretty butterflies and moths. So all in all it is very pleasant and we are not grumbling knowing  that winter will  seem much shorter this year as well . 


One day soon I am sure we will see the first leaves finally realizing they need to get ready for winter. 
After all Halloween is over.

No comments: