Wednesday, September 28, 2016

" Freedom" painting challenge for August

" Freedom" painting challenge for August

This challenge led to many different interpretations and I am always so impressed by the way the artists can come up with just very creative paintings to express the theme. This month I actually painted 2 watercolor paintings.

This one was  a refugee  waiting sadly for freedom to finally come. For sure we have seen many   replays  of this scene on TV lately.



Then I thought again  not the happiness /escape that freedom really brings to mind so I  painted a little dog who had finally escaped his chain and was running free. A much more joyous painting.
Here are some others I liked;
                                  Free Bird By Tananne
60x30cm Acrylic on canvas
"Cause I'm as free as a bird now....And this bird you cannot change."

                                             Freedom of Mind
29,7x42cm
watercolor on moleskin watercolor notebook
Ana Machado

There were many other paintings. Such talented artists.

No comments: